A Space For – Your Big Picture
Using a combination of psychology, counselling and productivity tips,
we’ll stop you A.R.S.E.ing and start you A.C.E.ing.
Reduce your stress, become more resilient to change and grow happier spaces and people around you.
How am I different?
Using a combination of psychology, counselling as well as organisation and productivity tips, I will help you figure out the root cause of your challenges so that we can test out solutions that lead to sustainable improvements.
I could give you a tool to tackle procrastination, but if we don’t get to the source of it, you might just procrastinate on that too! Perhaps you struggle with delegating work because you’re learning to trust your colleagues, or you enjoy the rush of leaving things last minute (plans never go to plan so why bother arranging so early right?). I will help you figure out your ‘paradoxes’ so that can you see the value of them, and why you struggle to let them go.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years experience in one-to-one emotional support – from counselling to coaching
- 2 years experience of community health promotion
- 8+ years experience in data analysis and reporting
- Level 4 Diploma in Person-Centred Therapeutic Counselling
- MSc in Health Psychology (Distinction)
From A.R.S.E. to A.C.E. by applying the D.A.R.ing process
Across six sessions we will consider together what you
Repeat (Re-Evaluate, Re-Engineer, Re-Energise).
I will guide you to evaluate your state in four key areas, to stop feeling A.R.S.E. (Annoyed, Reactive, Stressed and Exhausted). At each session, you will decide what you want to work on. Following each session you will leave with actions to remove obstacles in your way and build momentum in the direction you want. We will continue to determine what is working and what is not by re-evaluating and re-engineering actions.
Methods of evaluation include the Warwick-Edinburgh Mental Wellbeing Scale and Wheel of Life:
We will continually develop tools and a mindset for you to build on throughout the six sessions, to move you through the A.R.S.E. to A.C.E. (Attentive, Calm and Effective) framework:
The A.R.S.E. to A.C.E. Framework
|1||Your Big Picture||What are your immediate goals and challenges
What are your big goals, where do you want to be in five to ten years
What paths do you want to build to manage the gap
What do you want to create a space for
|2||Annoyed||Your perception of control and your expectations|
|3||Reactive||How you manage your big picture priorities and core values|
|4||Stressed||How you manage demands on your attention day-to-day, week-to-week|
|5||Exhausted||Your stress triggers and what is in place to maintain good wellbeing and resilience|
|6||Becoming A.C.E.||Review progress and notice when you’ve been A.C.E
Decide actions to continue momentum
How to re-energise so that you can Keep D.A.R.ing towards your goals
- Demonstrate time management, personal effectiveness and self-awareness tools to highlight what you can do and what you can improve.
- Identify individual stress triggers, stress responses and ways to manage them better.
- Outline ways of maintaining wellbeing.
Specific objectives I would develop with you – you know what you need most.
What is required of you:
- A commitment to your own potential (I can only work with as much as you put in) - I recommend six weekly 50-minute sessions to begin with to give your life design due attention.
- Time - At times I will recommend exercises for you to try out to supplement our work together (such as journalling, recording time usage, creative exploration of metaphors regarding habits).
- Money - £300 for a block of six sessions.
- Option 1 - One payment, in full before first session - Total £300
- Option 2 - Two payments, 1st £165 before first session, 2nd £150 by third session - Total £315
Specific time management workshops aimed at groups charge £20-50 per hour and can require a whole day's training. Working in focused 50-minutes one-to-one on a weekly basis, I can provide you with specific tools for your difficulties. We can tweak your time management and personal effectiveness in such a way that it isn't overwhelming and you control the pace and what you choose to change.
Costs as publicised online in June 2017 for off-site courses at locally available time management providers:
|Company||Length of training||Max no. of attendees||Cost per attendee||Cost per attendee per hour|
|Revolution Learning||Full day||Not stated||£299||£43|
|Activia Training||Full day||Not stated||£239||£34|
|Benchmark Training||Full day||Not stated||£150||£21|
*A full day is estimated to be 7 hours long